Twitter Timelock Investments
I have probably already written about this; please forgive me. However, I want to write about it again!
The idea is for a blog (and potentially the seed for a business): Take twitter posts, invest based on their advice, lock the investments for 10 years.
Seems like an awful idea, but here is specifically why it is a good one:
- While Twitter can be a mud-slinging, hateful-filled, click-baity, self-involved, shit-throwing, infinite-scroll… it also is home to some beautiful and wise minds who share information freely.
- We live in an unintuitive world where one exponential success paired with a dozen failures could outperform standard traditional investments.
- Exponential ideas take time to be built, spread, adopted, and monetized. In the mean time we neurotic humans tend to make horribly ill-advised decisions. Time-locking the investment prevents the us from “trading”.
- Avoiding regret. If I time-locked $500 in Bitcoin when I told my Mom how interesting it was in 2011 (or there about) would look like about $2,000,000 today (ten years later). It hurts.
The blog would be simple and fun:
- Posts on the investments made. Say one a month.
- A bit of backstory on the people giving the advice.
- Perhaps the logistics of making the investment and time-locking it.
- Tracking the investments vs traditional metrics.