Learnings From Blogging
Ten things I learned (past tense) by writing a daily blog consecutively for nearly two years:
- I write poorly at 11:30pm. Imagine that.
- Sometimes I have nothing to say.
- It is difficult to put life into words, but it is a skill that I want to improve at.
- I really enjoy and take inspiration from reading my friends' writing.
- Answering the question “Are you coming to bed with me?” with “No, I have to write my blog” is not an optimal mating strategy.
- Along the way I shed all embarrassment about WHAT I write.
- I am still very much embarrassed about HOW I write.
- Markdown is a great tool.
- I like having a repository of my thoughts for my future less occupied self to peruse one day.
- Keeping a daily blog helps you pay a little more attention to the world. Some part of your brain is naturally caffeinated and on the look for todays blog topic. And it’s nice to pay attention.